Email Ms. Carter for office hours link. (link has been removed for security purposes)
2-3 PM: Individual Office Hours (sign up at tinyurl.com/cartersignup)
3-4 PM: 7th Grade Math/Sci Support
4-5 PM: Any Middle School Support
Awesome and/or Practical Math Links
- Desmos online graphing calculator (try some art!)
- Geogebra geometry sketchpad
- Alcumus problem-solving site
- Print-your-own graph paper in all shapes and sizes
- DreamBox Learning is offering a free 90-day trial to families who want to access individualized math learning at home. This is a great program to consider, because it’s more interactive than simply video based.
- Khan Academy continues to offer free math lessons and practice, as well as advanced science and coding courses for students who want to challenge themselves. I also recommend using Khan Academy Mappers for practice that is directly related to NWEA scores from the Winter. 7th and 8th graders already have this set up, 6th grade families, let me know if you want me to set up your student’s NWEA scores in their Khan Academy account, or if you want their NWEA scores so you can set it up yourself.
- 6th grade families, if you have iReady questions or concerns, please let me know. I’m happy to support around any Math issues on iReady.
Phone and iPad Apps for Edutainment
- Euclidea has awesome free geometric construction puzzles. Free for Apple products.
- Desmos has a free graphing calculator for iPhones and Androids (in addition to their webpage) that can be great for exploring equations and graphs.
- Hopscotch Coding App has fun coding games. Free for Apple products.
- King of Math 2 combines math practice and gaming. Free for Apple products.
- Monster Math is a game-based fluency practice. Free for Apple products.
- Nova Elements lets you explore and create elements and molecules. Free for Apple products.
- Prodigy Math Game is a self-paced math gaming platform that’s available online and on phones.
- Multiplication Flash Cards for some good old-fashioned drill. Free.